This post has been compensated by The Motherhood and its advertiser, Energizer. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s officially summer and your kids are probably having the time of their lives enjoying longer days, lots of time outdoors and new adventures.
My three kids are young so they’re mostly content playing with each other and running around our yard and house like wild animals. But, I like to shake things up and make special memories with them, too.
Special means simple in this case and all you need is a little creativity.
If you don’t mind your kids staying up a little later, why not have some after-dark fun?
Whether you’re camping under the stars or playing in the backyard, Energizer®’s high performance headlights are just what you need for summertime adventures that require two hands.
After-Dark Fun Ideas
Hide-and-Seek with a Flashlight: Only the person who is seeking the hiders can use the flashlight, though!
- Tip: The Energizer® Vision HD+ Focus LED Headlight is the perfect flashlight to use in the case because it frees up your hands to tag people out. (The headlights are lightweight, versatile and water-resistant with pivoting functionality to direct light where you need it.)
Flashlight Treasure Hunt: Parents can hide some everyday items that wouldn’t belong outside for the kids to find. Maybe a soup ladle, a shoe, box of cereal… If you’re creative, your kids will think it’s hilarious to see something outside that doesn’t belong.
- Tip: Hide your items in a smaller area for little kids. They could get frustrated searching a large yard and coming up empty-handed.
Flashlight Shadow Puppets: Find a flat surface outside, maybe the garage door, or side of your house, and shine the flashlight on it. Take turns making different shapes or puppets, all while everyone else guesses what it is.
- Tip: Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern is perfect for this. This lighting product is sturdy and has a high and low mode, along with smart dimming technology for customizable light output. (Energizer area lanterns are the safe, reliable way to provide bright 360° light long into the night, at the camp fire, or while weathering a storm.)
If you play outside often, or go camping, you’re going to need plenty of batteries. Energizer® EcoAdvanced® batteries are the world’s first AA and AAA battery made with four percent recycled batteries.
Enter to win a prize pack containing:
- One Energizer® Fusion LED Folding Lantern
- One Energizer® Vision HD + Focus LED Headlight
- Two packs of Energizer® EcoAdvanced® AA and AAA Batteries
What kinds of games do you like to play with your kids in the summer?