It isn’t often I take my kids out to eat at a restaurant. I’d say a couple of times a month would be an accurate number.
I love eating out. It’s just a lot of work with three kids, 4-years-old and under. That’s the understatement of the year, no?
But, I was recently introduced to an awesome new restaurant in Middletown, Rhode Island that fits the needs of families, especially those with small kids.
When you enter Corner Bakery Cafe, you’ll immediately feel welcomed. The atmosphere is casual and has the feel of a small neighborhood establishment.Visiting Corner Bakery Cafe with small kids in tow was easier than I thought. All I needed to do was order from the menu board. After that, you pay and the rest is taken care of.
Soon after you find your seat, an employee delivers your freshly made order right to your table. Your food comes out in minutes and all you have to do is sit down and relax.
The luxury of table service delivery really won me over. I also loved the fact that once my family and I were done eating we could just get up and leave. They do all the cleaning! Lord knows how hard it is to clean up after everyone when one of your kids might be having a not-so-great moment.
At a recent media event at Corner Bakery Cafe in Middletown, Rhode Island, a few other bloggers and myself enjoyed a three-course tasting. I can still smell all the yummy goodness now as I type this.
Items we sampled off the menu included:
- Buttermilk Pancakes for breakfast
- Spicy Asian Pork Toasted Sandwich
- Lunch Trio including the new Tabbouleh, D.C. Chicken Salad and Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- And Pesto Cavatappi for dinner
Watch the below video to check out all the fun my family and I had at Corner Bakery Cafe in Middletown, Rhode Island.
Seriously, did that video just make you hungry? I honestly loved everything I sampled.
A couple of things I will definitely be ordering again.
- The buttermilk pancakes….they were so light and fluffy!
- The Spicy Asian Pork Sandwich was awesome. Between the fresh bread and the spicy, crunchy jalapeños, that sandwich is a winner in my book. (The pork can also be substituted for chicken.)
- I’m also a soup fanatic, so ordering another Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup is no doubt in my future. There’s just something about lemons I just can’t get enough of!
I don’t have any pictures of their cupcakes, probably because I ate them all. But, they are the best cupcakes I’ve ever had. I just ordered 15 for my son’s first birthday next week!
Other offerings on the menu:
- Specialty breads
- Hot breakfasts
- Made-to-order salads, sandwiches, panini and pastas
- Seasonal soups
- Freshly baked sweets
- Hand-roasted coffee by Java City and gourmet teas by Mighty Leaf
No matter what time of day you visit, you’ll find something you’re craving. They have a little bit of everything on the menu, including some new seasonal options.
What to visit and try it yourself? I’m giving away a $25 gift to Corner Bakery Cafe. There are three locations in Rhode Island and more across the country.
Open to U.S. residents only. Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, July 9, 2015 and ends on Monday, July 20, 2015.
Disclosure: I was invited to a media event where I had the opportunity to divulge in a three course tasting menu to experience all that Corner Bakery Cafe has to offer. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you Corner Bakery for supporting The Mod Mommy!