With Memorial Day approaching, it’s almost time to go to the beach. Well, for your dog.
When fur isn’t fashionable enough, pet parents have plenty of beach wear choices for Fido. Yes, I’m serious!
Side note: I have to admit, Riley only has a winter coat and a tuxedo. The coat is for snowy days to keep his fur dry and the tuxedo was for my wedding. He hasn’t worn it since so I’d hardly call it part of his wardrobe.
If your dog doesn’t mind playing dress up, there’s some pretty adorable stuff out there!
Some picks out now:
* Tommy Bahama Pets offers a Hawaiian shirt and a dress with a ruffled skirt.
* Designer John Bartlett makes a canine beach tank top.
* Martha Stewart Inc. produces a life jacket. (My personal fave! Necessary for the aquatic dog, but also quite stylish.)
All kidding aside, dogs can get sunburned on skin that isn’t fur-covered, so here’s some practical advice.
1. Be careful and use sunscreen.
2. Have plenty of FRESH water available for your furry friend to drink.
3. Have an umbrella outside for shade.
Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend!