Thank you to Nuna, Inglesina, The Ollie World, DockATot and Cotton Babies for providing samples for the purpose of this post. No compensation was received and all opinions, as always, are my own.
You’d think because I’m pregnant with my fourth child that I would have anything and everything you’d need for a baby. Well, I did. Except I donated a ton two weeks before I found out I was pregnant and am left with just a few items.
My infant car seat had expired shortly after my youngest turned 1. So, that couldn’t have been saved anyway. Car seats typically have an expiration of six years. Some are even longer now, which is great if you plan on having multiple children.
This time around I’ve been looking for products that will make my life a bit easier. I’m going for functionality and quality. Wait till you see some of the products I’m loving.
Infant Car Seat – Nuna Pipa
Not only does the Nuna Pipa car seat have some bells and whistles, it’s also one of the lightest infant car seats on the market, weighing in at only 7.7 pounds!
I knew I didn’t want anything clunky because I’d be driving around with four children under six years old.
What’s to love:
- 5 point harness
- It’s made with safe and healthy organic materials
- Secure and simple 5 second install. (Seriously, it takes seconds to install it in to your car!)
- Mesh peek-a-boo window
- Stability leg- In the event of a crash, this feature absorbs impact and minimizes force to baby.
- Dream drape (This drape shields baby as they sleep and attaches easily by magnets. All you have to do is zip out the extension for extra protection.)
- It’s ideal for city living and taxis as it can be installed with a vehicle seat belt – no base needed. (This is perfect for when my mom may watch the baby. What an awesome feature!)
If you’re looking for a stylish and safe car seat for your new baby, this may be for you!
Stroller – Zippy Light Stroller by Inglesina
Just like I wanted a lightweight infant car seat, the same goes for a stroller. The Zippy Light is like magic. It opens, closes and strolls with one hand. 👋🏻 (A feature for this umbrella-folding system that’s been patented by Inglesina.)
You know I’ll need my free hand to round-up my other kids!
What’s to love:
- It’s light and compact (It takes up very little room, stands up on its own and weighs about 15 pounds)
- The large extending hood (UPF 50+) completely protects your baby against sun rays. (You can extend the shade by unzipping a part of the hood and also flip out another portion to provide even more coverage.)
- It has a 3-position reclinable backrest (one of them fully!) along with an adjustable footrest.
- It’s compatible with some infant car seats (like the Nuna Pipa!) making this a perfect travel system.
- It has a fully and removable washable lining.
- A rain cover is included!
Docking Station for baby – DockATot
Another multi-functional and multi-tasking product that you’ve probably seen all over social media and other mom blogs is the Dockatot™ Deluxe.
This docking station offers a safe and comfy spot that lets baby rest, lounge, play, cuddle, do tummy time and get diaper changes. They are lightweight and portable, allowing for easy travel. (To Mimi’s house we go!)
What’s to love:
- It’s hypo allergenic and made from hygienic, air permeable fabrics and does not harbor any heat, giving baby a cool, healthy place to nap and play.
- Helps keeps baby on its back while sleeping/napping near parents, reducing risk of SIDS.
- Prevents flat head syndrome through its mattress design that relieves pressure on the head while the surrounding bumpers can function as a positioning prop to alternate baby’s resting position from back to either side.
- DockATot enhances tummy time. The rounded bumpers are firm and helps prop up baby when placed under their arms as he practices holding up his head and develops motor skills.
- Deluxe model for babies up to 9 months, Grand model for 9-36 months and helps keep little ones safe during bed transitioning, with the air permeable bumpers acting like regular bed bumpers.
- Parents all over the internet are raving about how well their babies are sleeping in this, so you know it works!
Swaddle – The Ollie Swaddle by The Ollie World
I remember with my other children trying all different brands of swaddles. I also remember them not lasting as long as I thought they would. And, I had to buy swaddles in different sizes.
One of the things I love about the award-winning Ollie Swaddle is that it GROWS with your baby and it’s made to last. The swaddle is designed for infants 0-4 months.
What’s to love:
Offers custom designed buttery soft/patented moisture wicking fabric that regulates baby’s temp and reduces risk of overheating.
- The Ollie Swaddle helps extends the duration of sleep, reduces fussiness and helps baby self-calm.
- The swaddle’s elasticity allows for freedom of movement while the opening at the bottom makes it easy to change diapers. (This feature is awesome overnight!)
- It’s available in 4 colors, all specially designed to help soothe and calm baby.
Cloth diaper – bumGenius Freetime
This is going to be the first time I’ve cloth diapered, but have always wanted to. I think I was afraid or felt I didn’t have the time because I have had two kids in diapers for a combined four or so years.
I can’t believe how much we’ve contributed to the landfill with all of the disposable diapers over the years. And it’s just so costly. A few weeks ago, I started buying one or two cloth diapers to build up my stash.
I’m thinking my diaper stash will be a mix of all-in-ones and hybrids, but you never know how anything works out until you do it. So far, everything I’ve bought are bumGenius Freetime cloth diapers.
These cloth diapers are the closest to disposable diapers, in terms of functionality. You diaper baby in one easy step with this one-size, one-piece design.
What to love:
- The 3×3 snap down design adjusts the sizing to fit small, medium and large sizes. (approximately 8<‐35+ pounds)
- The plastic snaps ensure baby won’t take the diaper off once they get a little older and adventurous.
- Waterproof outer cover prevents leaks.
- Stay dry interior is super soft and wicks moisture away from delicate skin.
- The diaper has an overlap of semi-attached stay-dry inserts to adjust absorbency, along with an extra layer of microfiber sewn into shell.
- It’s easy to wash, just toss the whole thing in the diaper pail after a change, then wash in your washing machine and line dry.
So, I’m getting ready for baby slowly but surely. And as you can see I have all the major necessities covered.
What’s a baby item you’d recommend that you couldn’t live without?