I decided to try a new treat for my guy, Riley, to sample. I’m crazy to think he wouldn’t like anything hot out of the oven, but you never know, he’s the pickiest little eater.
Let me share with you what kind of life this dog is accustomed to. Feel free to chuckle at any/all of it.
– Riley eats his wet food warmed up…on a plate.
– He pretty much has run of the house and is able to do whatever he pleases. IE: Walk into the pantry and help himself to a box of Pop Tarts.
– He has a second water bowl in my bedroom so he can get a drink of water at night. You know in case he was too lazy to walk downstairs!
– For the most part he gets to go on walks without a leash. Who’s cooler than him?
– Oh yeah, and he dines on homemade dog biscuits.
So it looks like I’ve created a mini-monster, but he’s actually really sweet, and I don’t mind doing any of it. That dog is my best friend and he makes me laugh because he’s so cheeky.
He absolutely adores these treats, and practically begs for them every time I open the fridge. Hope your dog enjoys them too!
Here’s my recipe for Riley’s Peanut Butter Biscuits.
Yield: 36 biscuits
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of white flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of organic or all-natural peanut butter
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together water, oil and peanut butter.
Add flour to wet mixture one cup of flour at a time until incorporated.
On a clean work surface, work biscuit batter into a ball and roll out with a rolling pin until dough is 1/4 inch thick.
Use cookie cutters to create biscuits.
Place biscuits on non-greased cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Allow biscuits to cool before serving to your dog.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge. Biscuits will keep for 7-10 days.