For me, one of baby’s first milestones is growing out of their bassinet. All of my children slept in a bassinet from birth until about 12 weeks. I had never registered for a bassinet when I was pregnant with my first because silly me never thought I’d need one. How naive! I had assumed since I had a crib and they had their own room, they wouldn’t need a bassinet.
Well, you know what they say when you assume things. Yeahhhh, so, that.
After my first child cried and cried in her new big crib the first two nights, we decided to borrow one from a friend. Best decision ever. Fast forward to when I had my second child and we borrowed again.
Well, third time around, Summer Infant and I connected and decided a review of one of their bassinets was in order and I was thrilled. I knew how crucial they were for nursing moms and moms who have had c-sections. I had three c-sections and a bassinet was key in my healing process. Having baby so close to you is a must for bonding, your sanity and recovery.
This is the third bassinet brand I’ve used and it’s by far my favorite. There are lots of different types of bassinets out there and picking one is really about what features suit you best. They all basically do the same thing, but some have more bells and whistles than others.
I’ve used both bassinets that didn’t sway back and forth or have a sound machine.
And while none of these features are absolutely necessary when it comes to choosing a bassinet, I will say, having the option is great because when you’re tired and can’t make the shushing sound any longer because it’s putting you to sleep, having a sound machine handy sure is helpful!
Summer Infant’s Soothe and Sleep Bassinet with Motion is innovative and revolutionary with its multi-speed motion that’s designed to naturally soothe baby to sleep silently.
I LOVE this bassinet, and cannot believe my baby grew out of it. If I think about how fast he’s growing I’ll start to ugly cry. Ugh, the first three months just goes by in a flash. Especially if it’s your second or third child. I just want to bottle him and all of his sweetness up!
Back to the bassinet. Here’s what I love about it:
- It’s gender neutral. The sweet lamb design is sure to compliment any room. If you plan on having multiple children, this is a good one as it will go the distance!
- The silent motion feature is SILENT. I was actually surprised that even after nightly use you still couldn’t hear it swaying side to side. It’s remarkably quiet. I have a swing that makes this icky clicking sound. It doesn’t bother the baby but it sure annoys me sometimes.
- The music selection is great. There’s 4 peaceful melodies, 3 calming sounds, and soothing vibrations that help lull baby to sleep. I swear one of the songs sounds like Kenny G. I love him, especially his Christmas album. So, naturally this got me pretty excited. The music is tasteful and doesn’t sound like it came off a Casio keyboard like some other selections I’ve heard on other baby products.
- The canopy is adjustable. It’s fastened by Velcro, so you can adjust it to make a darker sleeping environment.
- The large storage basket. It’s the perfect place to store all of baby’s essentials. I had tons of swaddling blankets, burp clothes, pajamas and onesies fit perfectly in there. It’s a deep basket too, so there’s plenty of room for whatever you’d like to jam in there.
- The rolling wheels make it easy for you to move the bassinet from room to room. The simple touch lock on the wheels can keep your other kids from pushing it around like a stroller.
If you like this bassinet and want to get one, you can find it at Target, Amazon or JC Penney. It retails for $129.99.
Disclosure: I received Summer Infant’s Soothe and Sleep Bassinet for the purpose of this product review. As always, I was not told what to say or how to say it and all opinions are from my own experience.