I had the chance to meet and spend some time with Maria Menounos when she appeared on a television show I was working on, and she made the most amazing bean patties that episode!
These same bean patties are also featured in her book, “The EveryGirl’s Guide to Life”.
I finally decided to make them the other night because I was out of ideas for what to feed Chloé, my 19-month-old, for dinner. I happened to have all of the ingredients in my pantry, so I figured why not try it?
It turned out Chloé loved the bean patties! And of course, so did my husband and I. We ate the leftovers with our fish. Win win!
- Two 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and mashed
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. diced and seeded hot green peppers
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- **Optional: Pickled vegetables to taste, chopped
- Mix all ingredients (except oil) up to and including the salt and pepper together in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Form the bean mixture into patties.
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil over a medium flame.
- Fry the patties on each side until golden brown.