As a zombie mom of a 16 week old who has yet to find his nighttime groove and as a mom of a two and half-year old whose personality mirrors the Energizer bunny, I personally most need to relax.
However, not all moms are sleep deprived. So, for all of you looking to get something for the mother in your life, remember, it’s the thought that counts. Sometimes the best gifts are the most simple.
Here are some ideas that either require no gift wrap, no money or no fuss.
1. A day off. This is an easy one for dads. Let mom sleep in and give her a little me time. Maybe even make breakfast. Breakfast in bed would be even better!
2. Time with family and friends. Most moms just want to spend quality time with the ones they love, but sometimes life gets in the way with everyone’s busy schedules. For Mother’s Day, arrange a get together where friends and family can just hang out and catch up. Nothing fancy!
3. Do something with mom that she LOVES TO DO. Maybe mom likes the beach or museums. Find a place that she hasn’t had a chance to go to lately and enjoy it as a family. I personally love to watch movies, perhaps there’s a flick everyone can enjoy.
4. Spa day for mom. Moms accomplish about a million and one things a day, from cooking to cleaning, to picking up toys. A day of pampering would definitely be welcomed by any mom who needs some rejuvenation. Daily deal sites are a great place to find local services that are cost friendly.
5. DIY Keepsake box. When there’s a new baby in the house, moms find it hard to throw out any of baby’s firsts, like teethers or toys. Create a keepsake box to hold anything that commemorates Baby’s First Year. How to make: Take any larger-size box compete with lid, cover it with wrapping paper in either pink for girls or blue for boys. Mom will love it!
Wishing all Mod Mommies a Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you all have a fantastic day enjoying it with your family!