A couple of weeks ago my sister brought over my stovetop popcorn maker that I got as a gift when I was a teenager.
Since the arrival of my Whirley Pop, my five year old has asked every afternoon to make popcorn. It’s a great snack for a young child or adults, actually, and I wanted to shake things up and try some different toppings.
My family and I love to add a little heat to our food and our newest obsession is Lingham’s Hot Sauce. It’s a wonderfully sweet hot sauce that is all natural and goes great on pretty much anything.
My favorite thing about it is how thick it is, it comes out of the bottle almost like a glaze and would work well on chicken.
I chose Lingham’s as my hot sauce for this recipe because it has sugar as an ingredient and that caramelized perfectly on the popcorn.
To make this, all you need is a bottle Lingham’s, honey, butter and some baking soda. I’m not counting salt cause that’s a freebie!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp Lingham's Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 cups popcorn
- pinch of baking soda
- salt to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment and a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place popcorn in bowl and set both aside.
- Bring butter, honey and Lingham's Hot Sauce to a bubble. Whisk mixture as caramel changes color.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and baking soda.
- Caramel will be very hot, but work quickly and pour the mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Transfer popcorn to the baking sheet and bake until dry. About 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Enjoy! And if you want to see the magic behind the making of this spicy snack, check out my quick video below!
Learn more about Lingham’s
What’s your favorite popcorn topping?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Thank you to Lingham’s for supporting The Mod Mommy!