It’s back to school time, and if you’re anything like me, some days you struggle with dinner ideas.
A sheet pan supper is helpful during a busy day because there’s limited ingredients, it only dirties one pan and cooks rather quickly.
I had the good fortune of appearing on The Rhode Show today to share a favorite “one pan plan.” Check it out and make it for dinner soon!
- 1 12 oz. package of fully cooked chicken sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 1 lb. of red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste (for after cooking)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Microwave your cut potatoes in a large bowl for 6 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut your bell peppers and onion.
- Once potatoes finish cooking, add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, peppers and sausage to the large bowl.
- Mix everything together, making sure the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder are well combined.
- Pour your mixture onto a sheet pan, evenly distributing the ingredients.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the ingredients around and place back in oven.
- Bake for another 25-30 minutes or until everything is golden brown.
- Add a pinch more salt or pepper, to taste, if needed.
There are several variations of Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers that can be made. More vegetables can be added like broccoli, cauliflower or carrots. Sweet potatoes or Yukon gold can be used in place of red potatoes. Swap things out to your family’s liking.
Crusty bread or a salad would make great additions, too!