I am always looking for ways to get my kids to eat what I’m eating.
I’m still at the stage where most nights I’m making two meals. One for my kids and one for my husband and I. Part of the reason is because we eat late.
But, fortunately, their palates are expanding and they are starting to eat my healthy snacks and sometimes my lunch.
Each week I make Chia Pudding in bulk and have it for a mid-morning snack.
Chia seeds are quick and easy to incorporate in your recipes. They have protein, healthy fats, dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Chia seeds contain about 10 grams of fiber in just two tablespoons!
My two-year-old is obsessed with Chia Pudding and eats it with me whenever I have it. This pudding in our house is the new ice cream. Mix in a bit of chocolate and your family will be asking for more!
- ¼ cup Chia Seeds
- 1 cup of Vanilla Coconut Milk (I use unsweetened)
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Couple of pinches of Kosher salt
- Toppings like chopped berries, sliced almonds or granola
- Combine coconut milk and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Next, incorporate the Chia seeds.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. That should give the Chia seeds enough time to plump up, making for a thick, creamy pudding.
- Finally, once chilled, spoon into dishes and add favorite toppings.
Note: This recipe was adapted from Vegan.com and FoodNetwork.com.