Foster Grant sent my family and I each a new pair of sunnies to celebrate National Sunglasses Day. I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own.
It’s National Sunglasses Day! And what better way to celebrate than by picking up a new pair of sunnies for yourself or your family.
I love sunglasses. I wear them all year round. I don’t wear a pair to match my outfit, it’s more my mood. I keep two pairs in my car and one in the house. You never know when you’ll need them!
Of my children, the only one who has ever owned a pair is my daughter, she’s more responsible than her brothers and actually keeps track of where she puts them. My 4 and 5-year-olds, not so much.
The day Foster Grant sent my family new sunnies, my oldest son brought his to our neighbor’s house to show them off and, of course, lost them inside! 😱
I freaked out a bit because they were only around for 10 minutes, but his friend’s mom found them a few hours later and our crisis was averted. 🙌🏻
Check out the adorable sunglasses my kids picked out from the Foster Grant website!
Did you know Foster Grant invented sunglasses nearly 90 years ago? They sold the very first pair on the Atlantic City Boardwalk for 10 cents!
The brand is iconic for defining sunglasses as an everyday accessory, and they sell more pairs than any other brand in the US.
My family and love this brand because the company is headquartered right here in Rhode Island and they are affordable (all under $30)! Not to mention stylish. My daughter is in love with her Bailey sunnies, seen above, in blue.
Besides looking chic in the summer, there are a few reasons you should be protecting your eyes from the sun.
Eye Health Tips from Dr. Bazan, Foster Grant Eye Health Expert
- The most important thing when buying a pair of sunglasses is to make sure they block 100% UVA & UVB rays.
- Cost does not matter: More expensive styles do not block more sun than a less expensive pair.
- Polarized lenses do NOT offer more protection. They simply only reduce glare from surfaces.
I feel like you can’t go wrong with a pair of aviator sunglasses. I picked out the Bye Felicia polarized sunglasses in gunmetal. I love that they are scratch-resistant, so no matter where they end up, they’ll be safe! My husband can be seen in style TP 03. I think they look good on him. Very sporty!
Fun Foster Grant Trend Tips from Matthew Coon, Foster Grant Creative Director
- Mirrored lenses are all the rage right now! Perfect for adding that pop of color to finish any outfit!
- Add some throwback flare with our retro Tinted Lens collection! They come in classic oval, round, octagon and everyone’s favorite aviator shape!
- You can never go wrong with a pair of classic black shades. Spice them up by wearing a pair of cat-eyed!
What is your go-to style of sunglasses?