Some may want more sleep, some may want a spa day, others may just want a fun-filled family Sunday.
However you want to celebrate, there’s no doubt that moms deserve whatever makes their heart content.
I think this year I’d like to do some things for me and then enjoy the rest of the day with my husband and the kids.
- I know I definitely want to sleep in. And by sleep in, I mean until at least 7:30 a.m.
- I absolutely want to take a longer shower. Peeping out the curtain daily to see what your kids are doing while they’re locked in the bathroom with you isn’t exactly a picnic.
- I especially want to eat my meal hot and sitting down. And I prefer not to share it, especially with my two-year-old, who is always saying “Me! I do, I do!” when staring at my plate of food.
My wishes may seem simple, but when you’re chasing three little kids all day, a trip to Target alone seems like an all-inclusive vacation.
Moms are amazing for a gazillion reasons, but these three facts are surprising. Who knew?
- Mothers change 2,788 diapers in the first year of a baby’s life. So, I’ve changed 8,364 diapers during the first years of my three kids combined. Sorry if I never called anyone back, it’s because I was busy!
- Moms will walk 2.6 miles a day following a toddler step-by-step. If you see me wearing yoga pants it’s because I am exercising. All. Day. Long.
- The average mother spends 18.5 hours a week on housework. Is that all? I kid, I kid. It’s crazy we find time to sweep amidst all those diaper changes!
So, cheers to you moms out there, I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
***How will you spend Mother’s Day this year?***
Check out more reasons why moms are awesome. Thank you to PersonalCreations.com for creating this fun graphic!