I was sent the Osmo Hot Wheels™ MindRacers for the purpose of this post. I was not paid and was not told what to say. As always, I only review items that I feel are an authentic fit to this blog and are of relevance to my readers. All opinions are mine.
We are huge fans of Hot Wheels in our house. At last count, we have 74 of them. And that’s not including the ones we’ve lost or left in the car!
While the cars are small and can hurt when stepped on, I love the imagination my kids use when they play with them. We build our own tracks and ramps and race them all the time.
When we found out one of our favorite iPad games could bring Hot Wheels to life, we couldn’t wait to check it out.
Osmo Hot Wheels MindRacers comes with six different cars, each from their own universe. MindRacers comes with a launchpad, 32 game tokens and storage. If you’re new to Osmo and do not have the iPad base, you’ll need to grab that to play.
Here’s how to play Osmo Hot Wheels MindRacers:
- You can play three different ways:
- Race each other one-on-one in competitive mode.
- Work together to win challenges in cooperative mode.
- Or race solo against built-in competition!
- You and/or your child will throw down tangible tokens to control your race car’s actions. Each race is a new challenge for players’ brains and reflexes. Using the tokens will help you anticipate, react, and strategize for winning results.
- Each token can be used only once per race. (Tip from the Osmo pros: As you race, leave each token that you use in the play area, so you can easily differentiate between them.)
I like the idea of interactive Hot Wheels because it’s a new take on a popular toy for kids. It keeps them thinking and can involve the whole family. What a fun way to rev up game night! Osmo Hot Wheels MindRacers is designed for boys and girls ages 7+.
If you’re looking for a magical surprise for your Hot Wheels loving child, this would make an amazing gift this holiday season!