Disclosure: I received a Tuttorosso Sample Kit that features springtime recipes and three cans of Tuttorosso products to facilitate this post and giveaway. All opinions are my own.
I can finally say I think spring is here. I know the calendar definitely believes spring has arrived, but my wardrobe and temperatures have said otherwise.
While playing outside over the weekend, my daughter and I spotted crocuses all around the yard. We were giddy about that because they are the first flower to pop up through the soil after a snowy winter. That purple flower sighting was enough to put some spring into our steps and get us ready to embrace the warmer weather.
One of my favorite brands, Tuttorosso, shared some wonderful spring recipes and cans of crushed tomatoes to help jazz up my dinner menu. I’ve been a longtime fan of Tuttorosso as it’s the only brand my family has used to make their Italian “gravy” on Sundays.
I’ve also used their tomatoes to make chili and pasta dishes in the winter.
And to get everyone excited about spring, Tuttorosso is teaming up with Ali Maffucci of Inspiralized (http://www.inspiralized.com) to host an “Inspiralize the Spring” Facebook promotion, giving fans a chance to win weekly prizes.
The prizes include Spiralizers (20 winners a week), Ali’s Inspiralized Book (5 winners a week) and Aprons (250 winners a week). There is also a grand prize package of a Spiralizer, Inspiralized Book, Apron, Picnic Basket and Kitchen Gadgets.
Just go to https://www.facebook.com/
There’s also a chance for you to win a prize here! The kind folks at Tuttoroso are giving away an Inspiralized cookbook and Tuttorosso coupons to one lucky Mod Mommy reader! Sweepstakes is open to U.S. residents only.
Enter below for your chance to win!
Below is one of the recipes Ali developed with Tuttorosso for this spring.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 large turnips, peeled and spiralized using Blade C
16 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso® Crushed Tomatoes with basil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place the turnip noodles into a food processor and pulse until rice-like.
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the onion, mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes or until onions turn translucent and mushrooms begin to wilt.
- Add in the turnip rice and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and add in the tomatoes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until turnip rice softens and cooks to your preference. Once cooked, fold in the cheese and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
What’s your favorite springtime dish to make or eat?