February is National Chocolate Month and I figured I’d share another recipe I made recently that will have any chocolate lover begging for more.
This recipe is much less complicated than the one I posted last week and is done entirely in the microwave, in a coffee mug!
I wish I could take credit for it, but my friends and I found it years ago before Pinterest even existed, and I have no clue where we got it originally! I found this little gem buried in my email…
5 minute chocolate cake
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate, if desired.
EAT! (this can serve two if you feel up to sharing!)
My husband and I paired our cakes with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum!
Confession: The mug can be a tiny bit of a pain to clean up because of all the chocolate. But, after a good soak, it’ll wipe off!